BOOSTING ITS NATURAL IMMUNITY
At Biosme, natural immunity is a central topic. We are convinced that our body has fantastic defense and repair capacities on condition that we respect an adapted lifestyle. Here are some simple tips that can help you better cope with the Coronavirus epidemic that is spreading all over the world.
Apply barrier gestures
Difficult to ignore them, they are hammered all over the place. But let's remember them again because their effectiveness is not disputed by anyone:
- Avoid shaking hands or kissing
- If possible, keep a distance of one meter from people
- Wash frequently hands with soap and water or hydroalcoholic gel (if you have managed to obtain it)
- Stay at home if you are sick and wear (if possible) a mask so as not to infect others.
Sleep full nights
Sleep is the ally of the immune system. The more rested you are, the better you can defend yourself against infections. Experts estimate the minimum sleep time for good health at 7 hours per night. Better to go to bed early, cover up little and sleep in a cool room. And above all, avoid the screens on the nightstand! Difficult when you are addicted to information and find it hard to let go of your laptop or tablet. But it's imperative if you want to be in the best shape possible. So we go on strike from 10 p.m. until the morning.
Practice regular physical activity
If today it is better to avoid the gym, all other forms of outdoor or solo practices are recommended. A simple brisk walk, a little step in your living room ... the choice is yours! We all remember the images of young Chinese stranded at home by confinement who practiced running in their hallway or dancing on their balconies. We take example! During exercise the number of certain immune cells in the blood can increase up to 10 times, in particular the so-called "natural killer" cells which treat infections. But beware of excess, intensive sport could have the opposite effect.
Eat well every day
Food supplements, vitamins and other super foods will never replace a balanced and regular diet:
- Do not skip any meals, not even breakfast! All doctors recommend 3 meals a day to be at your peak.
- Meals must be complete and varied. This is not the time to go on a diet or to commit to detox cures that are often deficient. So we eat protein (ideally fatty fish such as salmon or meat), vegetables and fresh fruits with each meal, not to mention yogurts or kefirs rich in protective probiotics.
No alcohol or tobacco
Immune defenses and abuse of all kinds do not mix. Doctors have found a link between smoking and severe forms of Covid 19 disease. And youth is no magical protection. Doctors also see severely ill young patients.
Last advice, if you have fever or pain do not take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen (Advil, Nurofen ...). This molecule can worsen already existing infections.